3. Copyright and intellectual property
You may read, view, print and (where permitted) listen to and download the contents of an individual page for use within a formal education setting or other youth setting eligible to participate in the Programme only provided that all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices contained in the Materials on any copy of these Materials is retained, but you may not recopy or further distribute, sell, publish or transmit any part of the Material by electronic or any other means.
You agree not to sell, resell, supply or otherwise make the content contained on the Site or extracts or other information derived there from available in any manner or on any media to any third party without the prior written consent of the BOA and/or BPA.
Requests for written approval should be emailed to us. Please give details of your intended use of the Material and include your contact details: – your name, address, telephone number, fax number and email.
Intellectual property relating to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games along with the Olympic and Paralympic logos (together the The’Olympic and Paralympic Marks’) are protected in the UK by special legislation.
4. Linking policy
Linking to us:
We encourage users to establish hypertext links to the Site.
Links from us:
We restrict links made from the Site to other sites to certain associated and supporting organisations.
Links to us and from us are provided at our absolute discretion and may be altered, or removed from your website, by us at any time. You may not use any link to the Site as a method of creating an unauthorised association between an organisation, business, goods or services and the BOA or BPA, and agree that no such link shall portray us or any other official BOA or BPA organisations (or our or their activities, products or services) in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise objectionable manner. The use of our logos or any other Olympic, Paralympic or London 2012 Mark(s) as a link to the Site is strictly subject to our prior written approval.
We are not responsible for the contents or reliability of any site to which it is linked and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Linking to or from this Site should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the Material included on this Site, it is provided for information purposes only, without any representation or endorsements made and without warranty of any kind as to its accuracy or completeness or otherwise (whether express or implied) and it does not constitute professional or legal advice. Any commentary, opinions or other materials included on the Site are not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
The information included on the Site has been included in good faith and is intended only for your general information and recreational use. You are responsible for checking the accuracy or completeness or otherwise of relevant facts and opinions given on the Site before entering into any commitment based upon them.
We do not warrant that the operation of this Site will be always available or uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Site or the server that makes it available are free of bugs, viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy, and reliability of the Materials. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, loss of profits, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use, or loss of use of, data, arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this Site.
Your access to this Site may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, conditions and other terms of any kind, express or implied, in connection with the site and your use of the site (including, without limitation, as to satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy). Your use of the site and/or the Materials is entirely at your own risk.
6. Limitations of use
You may not use the Site:
- for disseminating any unlawful or otherwise objectionable Material, or in any way which is abusive, vulgar, racist, sexist, discriminatory, defamatory, violent, sexually orientated or obscene or which will harass, distress, offend, embarrass or inconvenience any person or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any person;
- for gaining unauthorised access to our computer systems or otherwise breaching applicable laws;
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any Material, the publication, use or possession of which infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect;
- in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site;
- to make available personal data about any person other than yourself;
- to obtain or attempt to obtain any Materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Site;
- to impersonate any other person or entity or to provide inaccurate information;
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation;
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any Material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes content contained within the Site;
- to transmit or re-circulate any such content to any third party;
- to promote, facilitate or encourage illegal activity;
- to directly or indirectly charge others for accessing the Site or commercialise or attempt to re-sell the Site content in any way which includes any third party software applications;-
- in any way to directly or indirectly suggest endorsement or approval by the BOA and/or BPA of a product or service (for example, a personal website), entity, content or any belief or opinion expressed within a product or service;
- in such a way so as to remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of any content made in accordance with these terms; or
- in any way that might bring the BOA/BPA into disrepute.
7. Use of messages and materials
By submitting messages, suggestions or Material (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) to the BOA/BPA or the Site you are granting the BOA and BPA a perpetual royalty free non-exclusive licence to reproduce, modify, translate, make available, distribute and sub-license the message/suggestion in whole or in part and in any form anywhere in the world for any purpose and in any way it chooses. By submitting such Material you warrant that you are the owner of all the relevant intellectual property rights in relation to the submitted Material.
Any materials you provide to us shall be regarded as non-confidential.
By submitting any messages, suggestions or Material to the Site you agree that the BOA and/or BPA may use those Materials or suggestions for any purpose and in any way it chooses. Any Materials you provide shall be regarded as non-confidential.
By submitting any messages, suggestions or Material to the Site you waive all of the moral rights that you have under Chapter IV of the of the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1988 and in any other laws now or in future in force in any part of the world and grant us any consent required therein to utilise any such Material.
If you do not wish to grant the BOA and/or BPA the rights set out above, do not submit contributions to the Site.
We shall have the unrestricted right to post on to the Site some or all of any messages or suggestions that you submit to the Site or to choose not to do so. If the BOA or BPA chooses to post some or all of your messages or suggestions it may thereafter remove from the Site some or all of any messages or suggestions that you submitted to the the Site at its discretion and without the need to give any reasons.
8. Competitions and prizes
From time to time the BOA and/or BPA may run or host competitions, free prize draws and promotions on the Site. In each case these will be subject to additional competition terms and conditions which will be made available on the Site.
9. Laws of England and Wales